- Coordination of the annual instructional materials (textbook) adoption process following the State Board of Education's Instructional Materials Adoption Proclamations (see Links for the current state adoption cycle);
- Preparation of the annual order of newly adopted and any ancillary or additional instructional materials needed based upon year-end campus enrollment projections;
- Coordination of and assistance in receiving, processing, and distributing newly adopted instructional materials and ancillary materials to campuses;
- Purchase of replacement instructional materials and textbooks;
- Coordination with district warehouse personnel for distribution of new and additional instructional materials and textbooks needed at campuses throughout the school year;
- Coordination of retrieval from and re-distribution to campuses of surplus state-adopted instructional materials and textbooks;
- Maintenance of the districts instructional materials inventory,surplus textbook materials, and out-of-adoption materials;
- Coordination of the annual campus and district state-adopted and other district-purchased instructional materials inventories according to state regulations.