Here are the requirements to receive a a scholarship from the Harlandale Education Foundation:
- Student must be a graduate of Harlandale High School, McCollum High School or the Frank Tejeda Academy
- Student must complete all sections of the application
- Student must show proof of attendance at any college, university or technical school
- Student must apply and access the scholarship no later than three (3) years following graduation
The amount students receive depends on whether or not they will also be awarded a federal PELL Grant.
- Students who receive the PELL Grant get a $625 HEF scholarship ($312.50 per semester for one year).
- Students who do not receive the PELL Grant get a $1,250 scholarship ($625 per semester for one year).