More than 700 students from Harlandale and McCollum high schools are getting ready to take the walk of their lives. On June 13 and 14, they will walk across the stage at the Freeman Coliseum to receive their high school diplomas. It is a goal that has been 12+ years in the making and will finally come true.
McCollum’s Commencement will take place Thursday, Harlandale’s is on Friday. Both ceremonies will begin at 7:00 p.m. but doors will open at 5:00 p.m.
Because of the Spurs vs. Heat playoff game Thursday night, parking for the MHS graduation will be affected. Here are some things to know:
· All students and guests must enter through the West Gate entrance (off Houston St., near the railroad tracks). Follow the posted Graduation Entrance & Parking signs.
· Lot 9, located directly west of the Freeman Coliseum, will be used for Handicap, Student and General Parking.
· Overflow Parking will be available west of the Exposition Hall as well as in Lot 8.
· Harlandale ISD will provide bus transportation from Lot 8 to the Freeman Coliseum.
· Graduation parking will cost $5.
A parking map is available on the upper right hand side of this page, under Related Documents.
Parking for the HHS Commencement will not be affected. Lots 1 and 9 can be used.