More than 100 students and parents packed into the Professional Development Center on December 10 to learn all about the district’s first STEM Early College High School opening in the fall of 2014. The school will be dedicated to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math with some classes taught at or by professors with the Alamo Colleges/Palo Alto College. Students will have the opportunity to earn an Associate’s Degree or up to 60 hours of credit toward a Bachelor’s Degree. Families who attended the first information session also learned that only about 130 of this year’s 8th graders will be accepted at the STEM ECHS next year.
Additional information sessions are planned in January:
- January 6th at 5:00 p.m. in the Harlandale Middle School auditorium
- January 7th at 5:00 p.m. in the Terrell Wells Middle School cafeteria
- January 8th at 5:00 p.m. in the Kingsborough Middle School cafeteria
- January 9th at 5:30 p.m. in the Leal Middle School cafeteria
- January 24th from 9:00-11:00 a.m. in the Leal Middle School library