Bond 2015

On Saturday, May 9, 2015, Harlandale ISD community members overwhelmingly voted (68%)in favor of Bond 2015. The 2360-1091vote will bring $64.9 million dollars to the district at no tax rate increase to homeowners.
"We are proud of our families for acknowledging the needs of our district and voting for a bond that is going to serve every child in some capacity," said Superintendent Rey Madrigal. "What we are building in HISD is going to better the lives of students today and in the future."
Bond 2015 includes:
·     An upgraded district-wide security & surveillance system;
·     Several fall projects:
            o Construction of the new STEM Early College High School, the first of its kind in Bexar County;
            o New Health Science Technology & JROTC building at Harlandale High School;
            o New Health Science Technology building at McCollum High School;
            o Expansion of the Auto Technology building also at McCollum;
·    Replacement of Carroll Bell and Vestal elementary schools, both more than 50 years old;
·    Additional classrooms at some elementary schools;
·    Resurfacing of parking lots; and
·    Related furniture and technology for all new buildings.
"Thanks to the vision and commitment of our Board of Trustees, some of these projects – like the security system and fall projects - are already underway, with costs fronted using our General Fund," explained Mr. Madrigal. "However, thanks to our community members, the district will get a lot of help in paying forallthe construction projects."
The state's Existing Debt Allotment (EDA) program will cover 75% of the bond's principal and interest payment, while the district only has to pay back the remaining 25%.
The fall projects are expected to be completed early this summer. Work on the other construction projects that are part of Bond 2015 will begin around the same time.
This is the first bond to appear on a ballot since 2009.
Site Powered by: SharpSchool © 2004-2017 Education Web Hosting & Content Management Solutions