HISD Library Services are facilitated through the Learning Resources Department within the Curriculum & Instruction Division. Library Services staff support the district mission and assist to ensure equity of access to available library resources for all members of the HISD learning community by providing:
- Support and assistance to campuses in the creation of exemplary library programs based upon local, state, and national library standards;
- Coordination of professional development opportunities for library personnel;
- Maintenance of the resources and user information databases in the district union catalog of approximately 280,300 items and approximately 18,700 patrons.
- Cataloging assistance for newly acquired library items;
- Mentorship of new librarians;
- Promotion of the library program and awareness of library services and resources available through the district's libraries to all learners.
HISD Campus Library Websites
(please see your Librarian for Usernames and Passwords)
Technology Applications Resources, K-8
Check here for movie titles covered for public performance in HISD.