Paid Tuition Application
Harlandale ISD may accept students on a tuition basis for grades K through 12 using a TEA Transfer Form. The financial plan and payment schedule is developed with the parent/guardian through the Office of the Assistant Superintendent of Finance.
NOTE: The primary purpose of the student’s residence in the District must NOT be to participate in extracurricular activities. Please be advised that the student’s eligibility to participate in University Interscholastic League (UIL) contests shall be governed by the UIL’s Constitution and Contest Rules as well as by Harlandale ISD Board Policy (FDB Local), which requires a minimum of one calendar year period of ineligibility for UIL varsity competition.
The procedure for requesting a Tuition Application is as follows:
- A parent/guardian may request a copy of the Tuition Application from the Pupil Personnel Department or print a copy of the TEA Form from the link below.
- After filling in all required information, the Tuition Application must be approved or denied by the campus Principal at the school from which the parent/guardian wishes the child to attend.
- If the child is in any Special Programs, the signature and approval of the specific program must be obtained. The parent/guardian contact the Administrative Assistant for the Director of Special Programs @ 989-5255 to schedule an appointment; or, visit the Scheh Center to speak to the Administrative Assistant in person.
- If the campus Principal and Special Programs Director have approved the application, the parent/guardian will make an appointment with Pupil Personnel. Pupil Personnel will verify the documentation and prepares the payment contract.
- The payment contract must then be taken by the parent to the business office for proper signatures and filing.
Tuition contracts and student contracts must be renewed each year following the same procedure as stated above.
The yearly tuition cost will be determined by the Assistant Superintendent of Finance.
Grade Level OVERLOAD Situations: In grade level overload situations at Kinder – 5th grades, residents of individual campuses are given priority. As non-district residents, students enrolled through a Tuition Application will be the first to be overloaded to another campus. Students are overloaded for one year only and cannot be overloaded again.
The Paid Tuition Form can be downloaded in English or Spanish from the attachments below: