• TEA Transfer


    Children, in grades K through 12, of nonresident full-time District employees are eligible to attend District schools tuition-free with a TEA transfer. Also; currently enrolled children of retired nonresident District full-time employees may attend District schools with a TEA transfer. These transfers are subject to the Superintendent’s conditional approval.


    The TEA transfer must be requested and approved by the campus Principal and the Special Programs Director (if the child is in special programs) each and every year that the student attends Harlandale schools.

    (*Resident full-time District employees may request a school outside their attendance area, subject to Principal approval, using an In-District Transfer Form and Student Contract Form.)


    NOTE: A student enrolled on a TEA Transfer is placed on a Student Contract which can be revoked due to poor attendance/tardiness; unacceptable grades; or unsatisfactory behavior.  The campus will notify the parent of the revocation and the child will be withdrawn from HISD.


    Grade Level OVERLOAD Situations: In grade level overload situations at Kinder – 5th grades, residents of individual campuses are given priority.  As non-district residents, students enrolled on a TEA Transfer will be the first to be overloaded to another campus. Students are overloaded for one year only and cannot be overloaded again.


    An Employee can obtain a TEA Transfer Form through the Pupil Personnel Office or by using the link below.  The directions and procedures for requesting a TEA Transfer can be found on the form.


    Renewing a TEA Transfer: A new TEA Transfers Form must be completed and approved by the campus Principal and Pupil Personnel each year.


    NOTE: The primary purpose of the student’s residence in the District must NOT be to participate in extracurricular activities.  Please be advised that the student’s eligibility to participate in University Interscholastic League (UIL) contests shall be governed by the UIL’s Constitution and Contest Rules as well as by Harlandale ISD Board Policy (FDB Local), which requires a minimum of one calendar year period of ineligibility for UIL varsity competition.

    A copy of the TEA Transfer Request Form can be downloaded from the attachment below:

    TEA Transfer Request Form