1) There must be a minimum 30 participants per clinic. This will ensure that the quantities of vaccine are actual quantities not an estimate. The COVID vaccine is good for 120 hours once thawed and must be used within 6 hours once the vial has been punctured.
2) Anyone receiving a COVID vaccine will need to wait for 15 minutes before leaving to ensure there are no adverse reactions.
3) Two shots are needed to complete the COVID-19 vaccines. HEB will automatically schedule your 2nd dose. They will bring the Pfizer vaccine.
4) Those who are requesting 2nd doses and boosters will need to bring their CDC cards to ensure they are giving the correct vaccine. Boosters for the general population have not been approved.
5) For uninsured patients, the cost of the COVID vaccine will be reimbursed through the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Provider Relief Fund
6) You must complete and print out a consent form BEFORE your scheduled immunization and bring it with you. If you do not have one, you will need to reschedule your appointment. Paper forms will not be available. The link is provided above.